Geist are a family-owned business who have been advising and training customers, as well as repairing and restoring our customers' valuable leather items since 2012.In the last 10 years, we have trained over 500 professional trade customers in leather repair around the UK, Europe and USA. We have helped, supplied products to and advised over 10,000 customers with leather care, repair and restoration enquiries ranging from restoring classic car interiors, removing stains from furniture to restoring handbags, garments and other leather items.
Convinced that future success lies in environmental and performance innovations, Geist launched there own brand of products. Geist. is a German word and the literal translation of the word is ‘Ghost’ but it also means ’Spirit’.
Geist are located in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
What makes Geist unique?
Geist's product range focuses on innovations that are efficient and very safe for the surfaces treated, the clients health, and the environment. The products have been carefully and thoughtfully developed by chemists in Germany with over 40 years of experience and registered patents in the leather and automotive industry..
Plant and algae derived ingredients are the core of Geist. Compared to existing brands in the market our products are just as effective, often more so, in cleaning, damage prevention and repair. Geist's products have been created and manufactured with the intention to, above all:
Reduce risk to the client’s brand.
Reduce risk to the consumer’s health.
Reduce risk of damage to the surfaces.
Reduce risk to the environment.
Products & Services offered
Leather & Vinyl / Synthetics: Cleaners, protectors pen & dye removers, squeak stoppers, friction protectors, softeners, safe non-volatile ‘green’ solvents, super-glue remover and more specialist products. A complete repair and restoration system for simple and effective repairs aimed to help the end user to carry out DIY repairs and also for professionals within the trade like detailers, valeters, professional leather repair technicians.
Textiles: Cleaners, dye-remover, stain-remover water & stain-proofer with UV protection for convertible roofs and outdoor furniture stain-proofer for interiors, furniture squeak stoppers and more.
Services offered: Training for repair technicians. Refresher courses and hot-line for service technicians. Colour mixing service for end users and professionals with a same day or 24 hour turnaround. Repair and restoration service.
Geist - Spirit of Leathercare
Designed in Germany, made in Poland... perfected in the UK!
Considering adding Leather Repair to your services?
GEIST LEATHERCARE TRAINING FOR PRO'S
Geist. Leather & Vinyl Repair Training for Professionals
Geist's leather experts offer industry leading training with comprehensive knowledge of leather and leather repair techniques and products. On a Geist leathercare approved training course they will teach you about leather and vinyl repairs. This 2 day course includes full leather knowledge and hands-on practice repairing and colouring leather and vinyl using the Geist. professional range of products.
Current Training Locations:
Pro Detailing UK, Unit 3 Fen End, Astwick Rd, Stotfold, Hitchin SG5 4BA, UK
Unit 18 Invincible Drive Newcastle Upon Tyne NE4 7HX. All our Newcastle trainings are held in partnership with My Car Cleaning.
• Introduction to Geist.
• Understanding the surface – leather production and types of leather.
• How to identify different types of leather & vinyl.
• Understanding the Geist range, areas of application for leather, vinyl, artificial leather & hard plastics.
• Cleaning, conditioning & Protecting leather – hands on session.
• Understanding Colour mixing – how to colour match using the colour wheel & other techniques.
• Colour matching – hands on session.
• Lunch and refreshments provided.
• Introduction to repair techniques & types of repairs to leather, vinyl and plastics.
• Preparing leather for repairs, masking, surface preparation, etc.
• Using a spray gun and airbrush (cleaning & best practices to maintain equipment).
• Re-colouring seat bolsters and steering wheels – Sponge & spray applications.
• Repair scratches & scuffs, rips, tears and holes in leather – hands on session.
• How to replicate leather grains for seamless repairs.
• Repairs and colouring of hard plastics.
• Pricing structure – how to price jobs in your business.
• Summarize, go through training manual & certification.
• Lunch and refreshments provided.